We have two special story time events in November. Story Times are every Friday at 11am in the Children’s Room for children ages birth to 5 years old.
- Thursday, November 16 at 11 am: We will have a special Story Time with a special guest, Public Health Nurse, Amanda McKinley, to learn about germs and the importance of handwashing.
- Friday, November 17 at 11 am: We will begin our monthly Museum Story Time with Curator Maddi McGraw where we'll learn about how to be “Museum Explorers”!
Book Club meets every third Saturday of the month at 11am in the Meeting Room through April.
- Saturday, November 18 at 11 am: We will discuss Reading Lolita in Tehran, a book by Iranian author and professor Azar Nafisi. Published in 2003, it was on the New York Times bestseller list for over one hundred weeks and has been translated into thirty-two languages. Books are available for check out at the Library Circulation Desk.
- Saturday, December 16 at 11 am: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle will be available at the November 18th meeting.
Lunch Bunch meets the last Wednesday of every month September-April from 12:30-1:30pm. This event is for homeschooled students of all ages and are divided up in three different spaces depending on age group.
- Wednesday, Nov. 29 at 12:30 pm: The older age group (approx. 4th grade on up) will learn about National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and how to write a six-word novel with Tim Morrow.
- Note that there is no Lunch Bunch in December.
Play Time is every Saturday from 12pm-5pm for children and their caregivers who are welcome to drop by for unstructured play time with carefully selected developmental toys, read stories to each other, and make friends.
Play 'N Chat
This program is facilitated by the Infant Learning Program and is a great opportunity for children to interact and families to get to know each other. Held every Wednesday from 10am to 11:30am in the library community room. For information, contact us at (907) 224-4082 or email@example.com.
Library Museum will be closed on Thanksgiving November 23-24, 2017. We will be open on Saturday, November 25, 2017. We will also be closed for a Training/Work Day on December 7, 2017.