The annual ‘Wish Tree Book’ program is in full swing with the Friends of the Seward Library. A Holiday tree is decorated with ‘Wish Tree Book’ cards, and are available to Seward Library Museum patrons and Seward community to sponsor books for the children’s, youth and young adult shelves. In 2018, the Friends goal of 100 new books was met, through generous community sponsorship. Twenty dollars per book, sponsors may choose more than one book, there is no limit. We are looking to meet and exceed our goal of 100 new books for Seward’s youth this year.
With three locations for sponsorship cards to be picked up:
6th Annual – Open House
Seward Community Library & Museum
Saturday, November 9, 2019
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Can Your Fines All day!
Support our local food bank and donate canned/dry food and we will forgive your overdue fines and offer you one bonus raffle ticket
Ongoing Events ▪ 1:00 – 4:00
· Free Museum Admission - Winter Hours: Mon-Thurs by advance appointment, Fri-Sat, noon-5pm - Check out our new exhibits! Free all winter!
· Our Tree Blooms with Kindness - Share your experiences with kindness on our Interactive Board in Atrium which will be up through the holidays
· Hot Chocolate Bar & Refreshments - Enjoy a special cup of hot chocolate in the Community Room
· Create a Winter Wreath Craft - Fun easy craft for all ages in the Community Room
· Make a Bookmark Collage Activity - Simple independent paper activity at the Museum Table with limited seating.
· Make a Pom-pom Wall Hanging - Simple independent craft activity in the Meeting Room
· Craft a Paper Globe - A more complex paper folding activity in the Young Adult Room
· Random Prize Drawings! - Need to be present to win these small fun prizes
· Resurrection Bay Historical Society - Computer slide show in the Atrium of scrapbooks compiled by local daycare provider Jeannie Sether, who ran Gateway Daycare and Nana's Nuggets in the 1980s-1990s. Visitors are encouraged to stop by the table and help us identify the daycare children.
· Seward Community Library Association - Teen Reader Program: Local youth read their favorite books to inspire the love of reading for all ages in the Children’s Room
· 1:00 - Celebration Begins-
· 1:00 – 2:00 - Live Music w/Sue McClure at the Museum Exhibit Organ
· 1:00 – Teen Readers in the Children’s Room start up, stories will be shared
· 1:30 - Drawing for a Kindle Fire & a Drawing for a $50 Alaska Shop Gift Certificate (no need to be present to win)
· 2:30 – 3:30 - Live Music with Jim Pfeiffenberger at the Library South-Facing Windows
· 3:30 - Drawing for a $50 Frontier Trading Post Gift Certificate & a Drawing for a $50 Brown & Hawkins Gift Certificate (no need to be present to win)
· 4:00 - Celebration ends
Fun for all. All ages welcome. Caregiver supervision appreciated.
Library Winter Hours
Mon 11am - 6pm
T/W/TH 11am - 8pm
Fri, Sat: 11am - 6pm
Library Summer Hours
Mon 10am - 6pm
F/Sat 10am - 6pm
Museum Summer Hrs
Tue-Sat 10am - 5pm
(Sundays: May 20-Sept 16)
Museum Winter Hours
Tue-Th: By App
Fri-Sat 12pm - 5pm
Check the Library & Museum website for updates at:
see button below