Seward Community Library & Museum
Saturday, November 9, 2019
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Can Your Fines All day!
Support our local food bank and donate canned/dry food and we will forgive your overdue fines and offer you one bonus raffle ticket
Ongoing Events ▪ 1:00 – 4:00
· Free Museum Admission - Winter Hours: Mon-Thurs by advance appointment, Fri-Sat, noon-5pm - Check out our new exhibits! Free all winter!
· Our Tree Blooms with Kindness - Share your experiences with kindness on our Interactive Board in Atrium which will be up through the holidays
· Hot Chocolate Bar & Refreshments - Enjoy a special cup of hot chocolate in the Community Room
· Create a Winter Wreath Craft - Fun easy craft for all ages in the Community Room
· Make a Bookmark Collage Activity - Simple independent paper activity at the Museum Table with limited seating.
· Make a Pom-pom Wall Hanging - Simple independent craft activity in the Meeting Room
· Craft a Paper Globe - A more complex paper folding activity in the Young Adult Room
· Random Prize Drawings! - Need to be present to win these small fun prizes
· Resurrection Bay Historical Society - Computer slide show in the Atrium of scrapbooks compiled by local daycare provider Jeannie Sether, who ran Gateway Daycare and Nana's Nuggets in the 1980s-1990s. Visitors are encouraged to stop by the table and help us identify the daycare children.
· Seward Community Library Association - Teen Reader Program: Local youth read their favorite books to inspire the love of reading for all ages in the Children’s Room
· 1:00 - Celebration Begins-
· 1:00 – 2:00 - Live Music w/Sue McClure at the Museum Exhibit Organ
· 1:00 – Teen Readers in the Children’s Room start up, stories will be shared
· 1:30 - Drawing for a Kindle Fire & a Drawing for a $50 Alaska Shop Gift Certificate (no need to be present to win)
· 2:30 – 3:30 - Live Music with Jim Pfeiffenberger at the Library South-Facing Windows
· 3:30 - Drawing for a $50 Frontier Trading Post Gift Certificate & a Drawing for a $50 Brown & Hawkins Gift Certificate (no need to be present to win)
· 4:00 - Celebration ends
Fun for all. All ages welcome. Caregiver supervision appreciated.